Frequently Asked Questions
1. When should I turn in an application?
EARLY In House Enrollment : TBD
EARLY Open Enrollment : TBD
Open Enrollment : TBD
All enrollment periods for the upcoming 2023 -2024 will be updated following the October 2022 board meeting.
Interested families are encouraged to turn in their application when their enrollment window opens as all applications are processed and spots are filled according to the date the application is received. If no spots are available, you will be placed on a waiting list.
2. How old does my child need to be to enter Wee 3’s, Pre-K, or Kindergarten?
- Wee 3’s must be 3 years of age by September 1st and potty trained.
- Pre-K must be 4 years of age by September 1st.
- Kindergarten must be 5 years of age by September 1st for entry into Kindergarten.
3. If my child has a learning disability, like Dyslexia, ADD, ADHD, or something that is comparable, may he/she apply at First Baptist School?
Yes, if the child can work in a traditional classroom setting. Prospective students must be able to comply with regular academic and behavioral standards, and our Student Expectation Guidelines. In this case, FBS will consider the student if he/she passes all entrance requirements. All incoming students are automatically placed on a one year probationary period.
No, if the student has academic or behavioral issues that require special resources above what we can offer in a traditional setting. FBS is simply not equipped to meet those needs.
4. Does FBS have a full cafeteria offering food options daily?
No. Parents/guardians are required to provide lunch for their child daily. FBS offers milk for purchase each day for $0.75. FBS does offer Hot Lunch Thursdays. This typically begins in September and parents can sign their child up for the Hot Lunch options. Sign ups are for Hot Lunch are online only. See Lunch Program for more information.